- Business drivers and investor requirements around carbon targets
- Practical approaches to setting an ambitious target
- Scope 3 challenges and opportunities
- Absolute versus intensity based targets
- Approaches that are available for setting a science-based target
- Alternatives to setting a formally approved science-based target
Participants will have the opportunity to share their experience and learn directly from technical and industry experts. Through a practical exercise, companies will identify barriers to setting meaningful carbon reduction targets, the adoption of a science-based target, as well as levers and tactics to overcome these barriers.
Wellington: Thursday, September 19, 2.30pm to 5pm, followed by networking drinks
Venue: SBC/ / Business New Zealand
- Sam Bridgman, Sustainability Specialist, NZ Post
- Kaapua Smith, Head of Sustainability, Contact Energy
- David Tong, Climate Change Programme Manager, WWF-New Zealand
- Barbara Nebel, CEO, thinkstep
Here are 5 steps to successful Corporate Carbon Footprint and CDP (Carbon Disclosure...
by Dr Jeff Vickers, Ben Fisher & Queenie Hon – thinkstep Australasia – November 2018