thinkstep enables organizations worldwide to succeed sustainably. Our industry-leading software, data and consulting services help businesses drive operational excellence, product innovation, brand value and regulatory compliance. For our next level of growth, we are looking for new team members.
Environmental Sustainability Analyst/Consultant
Location: 170 Milk Street, Boston, MA USA. Across the street from the New England Aquarium and Long Wharf ferry. Walking distance to both North Station and South Station T and train terminals.
Start date: as soon as possible
We are seeking a talented, motivated and passionate environmental sustainability individual to join our Boston office and be part of the growing team of sustainability consulting professionals at thinkstep, Inc. The primary function of this role is to conduct and manage projects on a wide varie-ty of challenging assignments related to environmental Life Cycle Assessment modeling and re-porting, and corporate-level sustainability monitoring and reporting.
What you will do
You will help our clients create more sustainable products and operate more sustainably! The focus of your work will be to assist clients with product and corporate sustainability measurement and reporting. This may take the form of Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) using our GaBi software, or corporate-level sustainability reporting using our SoFi software. You may also prepare other Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) based results, corporate enterprise reports for recognized inter-national bodies such as GRI and CDP, and assist with other sustainability-oriented projects. If hired at a consultant level, activities will also involve direct project management interaction with clients. Your day-to-day activities may include:
- Creating life cycle assessment models of a product or service in our GaBi software,
- Analysis of manufacturing process data and developing life cycle inventories,
- Writing ISO 14040/44 compliant reports documenting your project work,
- Supporting with the system design and configuration for enterprise software (SoFi) imple-mentations to meet client requirements/needs.
- Working with Excel (or other data formats) to manipulate data and data structures
- Performing analysis on energy, water, waste, and emissions
- Preparing and presenting project results in PowerPoint or other formats,
- Managing multiple concurrent consulting projects addressing Life Cycle Assessment, product sustainability strategy, and/or corporate sustainability strategy.
- Ensuring your projects adhere to scope, schedule, budget, and quality, and
- Working together with thinkstep team members across different specialties and regions.
Travel will be required as necessary on a project-by-project basis (up to 20% of time, primarily US, Canada, and Europe)
- A positive “can-do” attitude;
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree in engineering, science, or related field
- Knowledge and passion for sustainability, environmental systems, life cycle thinking, product sustainability, and/or climate change.
- Interest in and familiarity with GRI, CDP, DJSI, B-Corp and other corporate sustainability standards a plus.
- Strong quantitative or technical background with an excellent aptitude for analytical think-ing. Natural curiosity to investigate issues, conduct research, design solutions and trans-late results into business practices.
- Aptitude for learning new software—ideally will have some basic programming experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate issues, give presentations, and prepare formal written reports.
- Self-motivated and organized; able to simultaneously work on multiple assignments and to work both independently as well as on teams.
- Experience managing small team projects.
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Desire to help companies succeed in an environmentally sustainable manner
- You must be authorized to work in the United States; we cannot sponsor a visa for this position
- Training in the use of our market-leading GaBi software, used to model and develop Life Cycle Assessments for products and services.
- Training in the use of our market-leading SoFi software, used to monitor and report key corporate sustainability metrics
- Our combined software and service solutions provide the exciting ability to work at the in-tersection of technology, business, and sustainability
- A client base that spans all major industries (see www.thinkstep.com/customers).
- An interesting and diverse role in an international context
- Employment in a dynamic and rapidly growing market-leading company
- A beautiful office setting, across the street from the New England Aquarium and close to many public transportation options
- Competitive benefits package
- An opportunity to help businesses grow while enhancing environmental sustainability
If you are interested, please email your cover letter and resume to HRNA@thinkstep.com, Attention: Kristin Balla, RE: Environmental Sustainability Analyst/Consultant, telling us why you are the best match for this position. Please include your available starting date, salary requirement, and confirm your authorization to work full-time in the United States.