thinkstep enables organizations worldwide to succeed sustainably. Our industry-leading software, data and consulting services help businesses drive operational excellence, product innovation, brand value and regulatory compliance. For our next level of growth, we are looking for new team members.
Kaitoitū hāpai – Junior Sustainability Consultant
Location: Te Whanganui-a-tara/Wellington
Start date: Immediate
You love research and have an eye for detail; AND you can visualise complex content in engaging presentations for a non-technical audience. If you are a storytelling engineer or scientist, thinkstep in Te Whanganui-a-tara/Wellington would love to hear from you!
Storytelling (based on facts!) is essential to us being thought leaders. We are committed to integrating sustainability into our client’s organisations, products and supply chains. We help them to go beyond greenwash and to make a tangible difference, both to society and to the bottom line.
thinkstep in Australasia is a certified B Corp, a signatory to the UN Global Compact, the Climate Leaders Coalition and has committed to setting a science-based target.
Our vision is to enable a culture of sustainability within organisations to achieve sustainability for the Hauora/wellbeing of all New Zealanders and our clients in Australia.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Undertake corporate and product carbon footprinting projects
- Provide sustainability expertise to multi-disciplinary project teams
- Prepare presentations for webinars and conferences for the CEO and senior staff
- Undertake background research for strategy and materiality assessment projects
- Undertake Life Cycle Assessment and Circular Economy projects
- Support Cradle to Cradle® projects
- Write research and project reports
- Able to develop relationships/connections with diverse audiences, particularly iwi
- Support our sales team with the preparation of presentations and proposals
Attributes for Success
- A commitment to quality work and an eye for detail
- A can do attitude and ability to work autonomously and flexibly
- An ability to envision and communicate complex issues in an engaging manner
- A commitment to working in an environment that supports all team members’ confidence to work bi-culturally
- Be a Storyteller
- Be able to demonstrate excellent project and time management skills
- Be a Team player
- Ability and drive to deliver results under pressure and against deadlines
- A genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen
Skills and experience
- Familiar with GHG calculations and sustainability reporting frameworks
- Excellent analytical, critical and creative thinking
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master in using Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Ability to clearly communicate the business case for sustainability
- Relevant University degree
- Preferable is a good understanding of Life Cycle Assessment methodology and familiarity with related standards, including Environmental Product Declarations
- Ideally have experience in developing customised corporate sustainability strategies
- Ideally have experience with thinkstep’s software products- SoFi and GaBi
- Ideally 1-2 years of relevant work experience
Our offer for you
- Our combined software and service solutions provide the exciting ability to work at the intersection of technology, consulting services and sustainability
- A client base that spans all major industries (see www.thinkstep.com/customers) across the world
- An interesting and diverse role in an international context
- Employment in a dynamic, flexible, and market-leading company
- Competitive benefits package
- An opportunity to help businesses grow while enhancing environmental sustainability
This is an opportunity to go on a journey with the thinkstep whānau working towards a sustainable future for ourselves and our clients in both Aotearoa New Zealand and Australia.
You will work from offices based in the Pukerua Bay community, in a close-knit team based near the beach and if you want good coffee you will have to make it yourself (!). You will be supported in your journey to develop both professionally and personally so you can achieve long term progression.
thinkstep Australasia has 15 staff working from Tāmaki Makaurau/Auckland, Kirikiriroa/Hamilton, Te Whanganui-a-tara/Wellington, Ōtautahi/Christchurch, Sydney and Perth.
Meet some of the team here: team.thinkstep-anz.com
We are part of the thinkstep AG group with 20 offices around the globe, 200 staff and 28 years of experience.
- An inspiring and varied role in the field of sustainability
- A dynamic work environment where you can work independently and generate your own opportunities
- Excellent opportunities for your personal development through mentoring and training
- A competitive compensation package including bonuses and incentive plans
- A supportive, fun loving whānau based team in a fast-growing company
Send us your resume and a PowerPoint presentation, no longer than 5 slides, about how you will contribute to our mission to enable organisations to succeed sustainably.
Please include your available starting date, salary expectation, and confirm that you are legally allowed to work in Aotearoa New Zealand.
If you want to know more, we encourage you to contact our team lead Katharina Bauch: Email: email@example.com .
Don’t lose this opportunity for want of checking it out.