Work that’s important for our planet. It’s what thinkstep does as a globally recognized sustainability software, content and strategic consulting firm. With 20 years of experience and 15 offices around the globe, we enable our clients to improve their sustainability performance and succeed in the marketplace. Thinkstep works with many of the world´s leading brands to develop the strategies, management systems, tools and processes needed to achieve leader-ship in sustainability. Due to its continued success, thinkstep is now seeking a professional. With a global presence, we serve more than 2,000 companies, including 40 percent of the Fortune 500 such as BASF, Hewlett-Packard, Interface, Siemens, and Unilever. For more information visit, www.thinkstep.com.
Senior Consultant, Electronics Life Cycle Assessment Expert (m/f)
Location: Sheffield, UK
Availability: 3 June 2019
Salary range: £32-45K
We are seeking a talented, motivated and passionate person to join our Product Sustainability team based in the UK Sheffield office. The primary function of this role is taking on responsibility for project management and execution of environmental life cycle assessments, carbon footprints, trainings, workshops and related projects, as well as pre-sales support of product sustainability software, data and services.
What you will do
We are looking for someone with a track record of electronic product sustainability thought leadership. You will need to demonstrate thought leadership in the area of electronic product sustainability and act as a domain expert within the global company, providing sector-specific advice and guidance as needed. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and updating background models for datasets sold in the thinkstep GaBi Electronics extension DB. As a senior consultant you will have excellent problem-solving abilities, commercial awareness, professional knowledge, and technical expertise. You will be recognized internally and externally as an expert in the electronics sector.
- project planning, budgeting, invoicing,
- giving presentations to small and large groups.
- facilitation of meetings, report writing, analysis, preparing client-specific deliverables and delegating project work to project teams.
- ensuring project deliverables such as summary reports, ISO 14040/14044 life cycle assessments, PAS 2050 carbon footprint reports, environmental product declarations, GaBi Envision models, GaBi databases, life cycle inventory datasets in GaBi, and strategy (competitor and customer) analyses are created to a high standard and delivered on time, in scope and within budget.
- communicating with our clients; You will provide trainings on GaBi product sustainability software and life cycle assessment of electronic products to small or large groups.
- managing multiple large projects at a time, you will need to solve complex project management challenges with limited guidance.
- supporting the sale of thinkstep’s software, data and consulting services by explaining the range of solutions thinkstep offers, providing demos of product sustainability software, and scoping solutions to meet customer challenges, i.e. development of project budgets and written proposals, and
- working together with thinkstep team members across different specialties and regions globally.
- Domestic and international travel may be required to conduct project meetings, complete trainings or to pursue sales opportunities.
- Your Profile
- Advanced degree in an engineering or STEM discipline required, Ph.D. preferred
- 8+ years project management experience working in a corporate sustainability context
- 8+ years of pre-sales experience supporting consulting services, software and data sales
- Highly experienced in conducting life cycle assessments of electronic products (10 years of experience working in electronic product sustainability)
- Expert level GaBi product sustainability software practitioner, with experience using GaBi DfX and developing GaBi Envision models required
- Experience providing training to groups on GaBi software
- Track record of thought leadership in the domain of electronic product sustainability
- Self-motivated and organized; able to simultaneously work on multiple assignments and to work both independently as well as on teams
- Good oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate issues, give presentations, and prepare reports
- Good quantitative or technical (software) background with an excellent aptitude for analytical thinking. Natural curiosity to investigate and troubleshoot issues, and design solutions.
- Ability to work at the intersection of technology and sustainability leveraging our combined software and service solutions.
- A client base that spans all major industries (see www.thinkstep.com/customers).
- An interesting and diverse role in an international context.
- Employment in a dynamic and rapidly growing market-leading company.
- Flexible work arrangements
- An opportunity to help businesses grow while enhancing environmental sustainability.
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including an annual variable bonus
If you are interested, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Sandy Smith, RE Senior Consultant - Electronics Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) Expert – Sheffield, UK, telling us why you are the best match for this position before the closing date for application. Please include your available starting date.