Leinfelden-Echterdingen/Boston, Jan. 27, 2016 – thinkstep, a global leader in sustainability performance management software, data and services, today announced it has released the latest update to the world leading Lifecycle Inventory (LCI) Data, GaBi Databases 2016 Edition. The newly released product extends coverage to include future energy grid mixes, additional waste water, hazardous and municipal waste, U.S. wood products, EPDs and a wide range of industry association details. These additions are designed to help LCA practitioners stay at the forefront of technology, methods, standards and political decisions in their sustainable product and process development.
As part of the upgrade, more than 1,600 LCI datasets have been added to the professional database, the U.S. database, and the global construction database, along with additions in renewables, electronics, plastics and intermediaries. GaBi databases are upgraded annually and subjected to a rigorous and on-going external 3rd party review by the verification and certification company, DEKRA.
“The development of grid mixes and technology innovation influences most data,” said Martin Baitz, Ph.D., thinkstep director of content, and data content innovation. “Through our annual upgrades, we empower, inform and protect GaBi customers with the most up-to-date information affecting their industries. Our methodologies lead to product innovation, lower operational cost, enhanced brand reputation, and regulatory and operational compliance.”
- More than 1,600 new LCI datasets.
- Upgraded waste water treatment, hazardous waste treatment and municipal waste disposal mixes.
- The addition of capital goods (owned by a corporation and used for production) including office buildings, production buildings, power plants, trucks and pipelines.
- Future grid mixes for 11 countries with three future scenarios: 2020, 2030 and 2040.
- 42 new future electricity grid mix processes.
- Scope 2 (direct) and Scope 3 (indirect) electricity grid mixes.
- Additional PEF support to enable GaBi users to effectively work with this evolving standard.
- The EN15804-compliant European Construction Database has 659 new datasets covering production, use phase and end-of-life.
About GaBi ts
GaBi ts software and databases provide the tools for life cycle assessments (LCA), carbon and water footprinting, Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs), and supply chain analysis. GaBi ts is part of a suite of solutions from thinkstep that integrate with existing IT systems and provide web based scenario analysis and reporting for use in eco design, product sustainability strategy, sustainability performance management, energy & environmental management, and sustainability reporting. For more information on GaBi products visit www.gabi-software.com.
thinkstep enables organizations worldwide to succeed sustainably. Our industry-leading software, data and services help businesses drive operational excellence, product innovation, brand value and regulatory compliance. With a global presence in 19 countries, we serve more than 2,000 companies including 40 percent of the Fortune 500 such as BASF, Hewlett-Packard, Interface, Siemens, and Unilever. For more information visit, www.thinkstep.com.