The Sustainable Packaging Coalition provides a definition of sustainable packaging that has been widely adopted throughout the packaging industry. This definition is a first step in articulating a common understanding of the term “sustainable packaging.”
- Sustainable Packaging is beneficial, safe & healthy for individuals and communities throughout its life cycle
- Sustainable Packaging meets market criteria for both performance and cost
- Sustainable Packaging is sourced, manufactured, transported, and recycled using renewable energy
- Sustainable Packaging optimizes the use of renewable or recycled source materials
- Sustainable Packaging is manufactured using clean production technologies and best practices
- Sustainable Packaging is made from materials healthy throughout the life cycle
- Sustainable Packaging Is physically designed to optimize materials and energy
- Sustainable Packaging is effectively recovered and utilized in biological and/or industrial closed loop cycles
Update of the study “The Sustainability of Packaging Systems for Fruit and Vegetable...
This study outlines the life cycle inventory of an aluminum beverage can produced in...