thinkstep helps you with sustainability software and consulting to determine, analyse and reduce your water footprint.
The analysis of a product or corporate water footprint is the first step towards identifying the processes and activities that are significantly influencing the water consumption of your company and your supply chain.
- Analyze the direct and indirect water consumption of your organization or products
- Identify water footprint risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Optimize the water footprint and reduce associated environmental impacts
- Reduce costs in your supply chain and increase resource efficiency
- Improve internal and external environmental communication with reliable information
- Display success in environmental performance management and responsibility
thinkstep has acquired in-depth expertise over the years regarding calculations of Water Footprints and Water Management.
The water footprint is an indicator of water use that looks at both direct and indirect water use of a consumer or producer. The water footprint of an individual, community or business is defined as the total volume of freshwater that is used to produce the goods and services consumed by the individual or community or produced by the business.
The increasing consumption of water and overuse of aquatic systems has already resulted in a dramatic deterioration of aquatic ecosystems worldwide.
This disruption has lead to a shortage of freshwater availability in some regions of the world.
The consequences of overuse will be multilayered ranging from supply drop outs to significantly higher prices for potable water. This means companies need to especially manage their water footprint - the risk of high direct water consumption at their own sites and indirect water consumption in their supply chains.